Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Branding your Ebay Business

When you start selling on Ebay it is best to set lofty goals for yourself and for what you plan on selling. If this is part of your business, or you are a part time seller with high aspirations it should be reflected in your username.

I will use myself as an example, when I first started selling on Ebay as a hobby; I just shortened my email address and made my seller name “carl.8630.” This did not really say anything about me, or what I was trying to sell. I decided that I wanted to focus more on selling clothing and then chose the more appropriate name of “pdx-apparel”

What I am trying to hammer home here is that you should not be using a nickname for your user name. Instead you should attempt to create a brand that will reflect the products you are selling. This is especially true if you occupy a niche market and sell only one type of thing, like shoes or DVDs.

Lastly, creating a brand will give you more recognition and inspire repeat business. It does not inspire confidence in your customers when you are selling books on Ebay but your user name is thepopesmokesdope420. Act accordingly and watch your business slowly grow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely trust thepopesmokesdope420 for all my smokable needs, though! That could be his niche! :)